"The Foundation operates in various fields of research and innovation such as:
- quality and well-being: food education, socio-economic indicators, food quality, traceability, sustainability;
- sustainability and territory: agri-food, urban environment, crafts, innovative natural materials, anthropic impacts, LCA and environmental balances, territorial information systems, rural development, textiles from natural fibres of animal and vegetable origin;
- biomass and renewable energies: development models, innovation, technology, renewable energy sources, rational use of local resources, environmental, energy and economic sustainability;
- applied climatology and meteorology: agroclimatology and agro-meteorology, databases, climate change, phenology, seasonal and meteorological forecasts, GIS and remote sensing, simulation models, productivity forecasting, air pollution;
- cooperation with developing countries: desertification, seasonal forecasts for tropical areas, vulnerability risk, early warning systems.