"The Interdepartmental Centre for Bioclimatology (CIBIC) deals with the study of the interactions between atmospheric processes and living organisms in relation to the prevention of pathologies linked to climate conditions (e.g. respiratory or cardiovascular pathologies), the analysis of the effects of atmospheric pollution, living environments, and the exploitation and optimisation of climatic resources by man.
The Centre is particularly active in the fields:
- evaluation of the effects of thermal conditions on health and development of prevention systems;
- evaluation of the effects of thermo-hygrometric conditions on hospital admissions/mortality in relation also to climate change;
- evaluation of internationally available biometeorological indices and their applicability in the urban environment;
- determination of pollen and spore concentrations in relation to the weather and climate conditions present and the effects on health;
- study of thermal comfort in indoor and outdoor environments with assessment of the thermal resistance of the clothing;
- influence of weather and climate conditions on children's behaviour."